Grant Writing WorkshopMarch 30, 2021
AfriCLP Experts Appointment and Achievements Edition 1July 18, 2022
Currently, February 2021, we have started a scientific writing workshop that is ongoing. Fellows are learning about how to structure and frame papers for publishing. In addition, they will get additional coaching to ensure that at the end of the workshop they have a paper that is ready for publishing.
After the 1st session this is what the fellows had to say
- The writing process. Starting from ‘the end’ and building towards the beginning was quite insightful
- IMRaD and the step-by-step procedure which appears to progress backwards
- Starting the paper with the preparation of the “figures and tables”. That was “spot on”. One can only really appreciate this after a few missteps.
- The step by step procedure for writing a paper stood out for me. I also learnt that it is important to read the recent publications of the journal I want to publish in. Thanks!
- It was good to know that non-hi impact journal are not necessarily bad, although the focus /target should be the hi impact journal. The whole process is a great eye-opener.