AfriCLP Fellows Appointment and Achievements Edition 3July 18, 2022
AfriCLP Fellows Appointment and Achievements Edition 5July 18, 2022
Prof. Chukwuemeka Jude Diji
Awards, Achievements and Publications 2020
Nov. 2021 – Date; -
Director and Chair, Kampala International University – Yunus Social Business Center (KIU - YSBC) Centre of Excellence For entrepreneurship and Innovation, Kampala International University, Uganda
Jan 2021 – Sept. 2021;
Acting Deputy Vice – Chancellor – Academic Affairs, Kampala International University, Uganda
Achievements, Fellowship and Prizes
1. Expert Reviewer for the Selection of African Academy of Science Affiliates (2020 – 2025), on behalf of the African Academy of Sciences, November, 2020.
2. Co – Principal Investigator for the “Severe Malaria Patient Journey”. The Project is sponsored by Medicine for Malaria Ventures (MMV) ICC Building CH – 1215 Geneva 15, Switzerland. January – March, 2021.
3. Recipient of CIRCLE ISP Implementation Fund 2021, for the development of a Research Development Framework for Kampala International University, April 2021. CIRCLE ISP is an initiative of the Association of Commonwealth University (ACU), UK. CIRCLE – Circle Impact Research Capacity Leadership Enhancement; ISP – Institutional Strengthening Programme. April – June, 2021.
4. Appointed Member of the Ugandan National steering committee for the Internet of Things (IOT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) African Challenge. An Initiative of the IEEE Technology and Management Society (IEEE TEMS) African IOT and AI challenge (2021 – date).
5. Appointed Member of Technical Jury for the African Youth Adaptation Solution Challenge, a programme jointly organized by the Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) and the AfricanDevelopment Bank (ADB) as part of their partnership to accelerate Climate Adaptation Action under the African Adaptation Acceleration Programme, October – November, 2021.
6. Peer – Reviewer for the Climate Research to Action Projects, with the theme “Global Challenges for the Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohorts, 2021”. This is an initiative of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) for young Researchers around the Commonwealth, November, 2021.
7. Research Expert for the book “Boosting Economic Opportunities in Africa through Entrepreneurship, Agriculture and Technology”, A publication of the International Institute for Policy Review and Developmental Strategies www.internationalpolicybrief.org .
8. Project Director, for the Leveraging Social Business for Youth Empowerment in Uganda,The project is a collaboration project between the Kampala International University – Yunus Social Business Centre (KIU – YSBC) , the Yunus Centre (YC), Bangladesh and the Yunus and You – YY Foundation of Germany (January 2022 – February, 2023)
9. Selected as an Expert Reviewer of the AR6 Synthesis Report (First order draft) by the Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change (IPCC) January – March, 2022.
10. Principal Investigator, for the DORA Community Engagement Grants: Supporting Academic Assessment Reforms to be executed at the Kampala International University with the theme Workshop for Research Managers and Coordinators at KIU on the Institutional goals and Values of Responsible Research Assessment. The grant is awarded by the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), an initiative of the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB); (February 2022 – September, 2022).
11. Institutional Focal lead for the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Solution Network (SDSN) for Kampala International University, Uganda (April, 2022 – date). SDSN is a global initiative of the United Nations.
12. Guest Editor for the Scientific African (ISSN: 2468 – 2276) , a journal publication of Elsevier, for the special edition of “Space Technology for Water Resources Management “Scientific African (SCIAF), 2022
Training and Workshop Attended
1. Participated in the launch of the Private Sector Platform for SDGs in Uganda at the Serena Hotel. The activity is an initiative of the United Nations office in Uganda, the Ugandan government; the Private Sector forum, Uganda and the CEO summit Uganda. 4th May, 2021.
2. Participated as Vice – Chair for the Eastern and Southern African Social Business Regional Forum (ESASBRF) and the Eastern and Southern African Social Business Academic Forum (ESASBAF) during the 11th Social Business Day which was co – hosted by the Yunus Social Business Centre, the Catholic University of Zimbabwe (CUZ) and the Kampala International University (KIU); June 28th – 2nd July, 2021.
3. Participated as a panelist at the Social Business Conference organized by the Tangaza University College, Nairobi and the Yunus Social Business Centre in Session 2 with the theme “Research and Development of Social Business”. The Conference theme was “The Role of Universities in accelerating the growth of Social Business”; August, 20th, 2021.
4. Participated in an Online Education Conference by the Ugandan Vice Chancellor Forum in Collaboration with Cavendish University, Uganda under the theme “Securing the new normal: Protecting Higher Education Institutions during and After the Covid – 19 Pandemic”, 5th August, 2021.
5. Participated as a Panelist and Co – Chair at the 10th Social Business Academia Conference (SBAC2021), from the 4th – 10th November, 2021 and hosted by Mount Kenya University, Nairobi. I served as Panelist on the 6th November, 2021 on the theme “Academic Collaboration for Social Business Research and Training’; I served as Co – Chair on the 9th November, 2021 at the African Forum with the theme “Planting the Seeds towards a new economy – the time is now”; with the topic “Vision/plan for social business in the African Region”.
Membership of Professional Networks
❖ Chief Editor, Journal of Applied Science, Information and Computing (JASIC), Kampala International University.
❖ Member, Responsible Research and Innovation Group (RRING) Community Network, Ireland.
❖ Member, United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Solution Network (SDSN)
● Umezurike, C; Diji, C.J; and Asiimwe, J.P (2022) “Data Product Model for boosting Agricultural Productivity in Sub – Saharan Africa”. Paper presentation at IST – Africa 2022 Conference, 16th – 20th May, 2022.
● Olutosin, A. Ogunleye; Chuks Diji; and Rilwan Adebayo (2020) Selection of System Component and requirements for a hypothetical parabolic trough concentrated solar power plant in Northern Nigeria, International Journal of Applications and Innovation in Engineering and Management (IJAIEM), Volume 9, Issue 4, April.
● Alabi, S.O and Diji, C.J (2021) “Energy Efficiency and Management Assessment of a food processing industry: A study of a dairy Industry, Nigeria. International Journal of Social Sciences and Economic Research. Volume 06, Issue 01, January 2021. DOI: 10.46609/IJSSER. 2021. V6101.001